Mar 13, 2008

Featured Mom - Jamie of Bows2Cute



Today’s Featured Mom is not only creative but a businesswoman as well. Jamie is the mother of two, Brynnley (2) and Jase (10 months). She has been running her business Bows2Cute for two years and has recently added a jewelery line.

H: Were you creative before you had children?

J: YES! I played college volleyball and we did a "secret Santa" gift exchange before each game and I loved thinking of unique and creative gifts to make! It didn't take everyone long to figure out who I had though.

H: What do you make now?

J: I make bows designed for infants and their special type of hair. The bows are fully lined with ribbon and then lined inside to stay in fine, thin, or barely there hair. On average I probably add at least one new style or ribbon colour to my website weekly!

Just recently, I decided to start making custom etched pendants. I loved the style of these pendants because they don't look like a picture is taped onto it. It's almost like a hologram. I can etch just about anything on one of 5 shaped pendants and they are very unique. From a distance you see the pendant and then it's neat when someone realizes there is a picture on it!

H: How were you inspired to start Bows2Cute?

J: When my daughter Brynnley was born without any hair and a head too big for most headbands, I started making bows to stay in her fine and barely there hair. I refused to pay $9 for a little clip and knew after making some that I would be able to offer them at a more affordable price for other mommies who couldn't find anything to stay in their little ones hair.


H: How do you find time to stay creative?

J: It’s tough; on top of the bows and pendants I am a full time Preschool Special Education teacher, so I come home from my career job and have to balance my two websites with my other full time job as a mom.

H: Wow, you are very busy!

J: Yes, being a full time mom with two full time jobs is very challenging. I love it though!

H: Do your kids show any creative spirit?

J: Brynnley is 2 and she loves to draw, but more than anything she is creative in finding higher places to climb and jump from. Jase has a very laid back personality.

H: Thanks so much for joining us Jamie. You certainly are a busy woman with lots on the go.

Jamie’s work can be found at:


http://www.bows2cute.com/
http://www.etched2reflect.com/

She also has a blog where you can get up to date info on special promotions and styles. It can be found at: http://bows2cute.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Rachael King said...

I have lately thought that a good title for a blog about creative mothers would be "The Pram in eth Hallway" as an ironic reference to that Cyril Connoly quote: "There is no greater enemy to art than the pram in the hallway." Because your blog proves otherwise.