Jun 23, 2008

Goal setting - you all keep me accountable ya hear!

I don't have the luxury of lounging on the beach with a mimosa in hand while I muse away over my creative endeavors. Instead, I make use of organization, planning and structure to get me down the creative path in the most efficient and resistant free manner possible. This is the difference between having (a little) time to focus on writing, crafting etc or not doing anything creative at all. I don't want to become an empty nester wondering who I really am and wishing I'd invested a little more time in myself - to me, nurturing my sense of individuality this way is very important.

Part of this structure involves setting goals and having something to strive towards (this is as close to a new years resolution as I ever get). So here it goes:

1) Complete two more flash fiction pieces in my 'Emotions' series.
2) Work on posting some crafty tutorials on Maternal Spark - complete with photos.
3) Keep my office clear of clutter so I can make use of the space at a moments notice.

It's only three goals for now, and I won't set a time period (yes, I know I'm supposed to) but I will review this post consistently to keep these in the forefront of my mind. What are your goals? Share them in comments and let's help each other reach them!

Like this post? Subscribe and never miss a spark!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have one goal right now-get every single product I've been sent reviewed, and get every giveaway I agreed to do posted. I even created a special giveaway week event on my blog, thinking I would just post two or three giveaways a day until I'm caught up, but I always get behind! Help me stay on track everybody! lol

Shalana, the funky felter said...

you have a really nice blog!

blackcrag said...

A year or so ago, I set 14 goals out on my blog, giving myself loose time lines (immediately, soon, within this year). Some I have done three times over--such as moving and finding better roommates)--and others I haven't touched, such as my oft-delayed Australia trip.

Better luck with your three goals.

Heather said...

Elizabeth - The idea for a giveaway a day for a week is a great one! That should help you reach your goal :)

funkyFelter - thanks!

Crag - I do remember that, how are your roomies working out now? Do you still like them?

Mary Richmond said...

good luck with all your goals--i am setting some goals myself and am looking for people to join me on a blogwide goal setting challenge! maybe you'd like to join me. i'm at etsy also which is where i found your blog link!