Well, it's been a little while since I updated with 'crap that's happening in my life' and boy, let me tell you, there's a LOT of crap!
First off, the editors behind a large anthology book series have been reading up on me here at Maternal Spark. I don't want to say who because nothing is happening yet but.... I did receive an email from them saying that my story would be a good fit for their anthology and would I consider submitting? Would I consider? - Hell Yes! The email said I would need to respond with my interest as soon as I could. So I did. And I got an error message back that my email couldn't be received. So I called, and got a machine. Well, it was like an episode of Seinfeld and I couldn't think of what to say and I'm sure I came off like a blundering idiot. I think I said something like "This is Heather, you emailed me, I'm interested. You can call me!" who knows. I haven't had a response back for my efforts at contacting them so ladies, if you're reading now - I'm interested!! I guess I'll try and call again, maybe I should write a script first.
Then, after the high came a low. My childcare arrangement fell into the crapper and I'm left with nobody to watch little H starting August first. It might as well be tomorrow because I'm working full time and hubby has a load of overtime to work through. This means that even if we had months to find something - when are we going to be able to go visit these places and interview people and do background checks? I just came back to work and don't have any holidays to pull. I'll have to take time off without pay - if they let me. Nice return to work for me; it's great looking like an unstable mommy who can't get her shit together right?
What else, I'm sure there's more. Oh, hubby's sunglasses are still in the toilet so we only have one working set of facilities - it's fun explaining to company why they can't use the downstairs loo. In addition to that, he's boiled a pot of eggs until all the water was gone and they exploded. That was a nice smell to come home to - smelled like burning farts. And he broke his baby toe while attempting to vacuum.
Think I could find a daycare for my one year old as well as my 30 year old? Geez.
Like this post? Subscribe and never miss a spark!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
![Reblog this post [with Zemanta]](http://img.zemanta.com/reblog_e.png?x-id=dc276b37-6c04-40da-9066-9c1ceb28a163)








9 comments:
Why is it that when husbands try and help everything ends up wrong? Mine tried to help this morning by giving our 6 year old his breakfast. In the wrong bowl. The spoon was too big. And there was way too much cereal in it. I think they do it on purpose so they don't have to "help" anymore!
I'm sorry about the day care woes. That really sucks, and sucks up so much time.
As for hubby, sounds like he's doing the man thing (performing housework so poorly that wifey won't ever ask again)
Oh boy, do I remember those daycare woes. Now my boys are teenagers, so it's a different kind of woe.
Good Luck!!!!!!
UGH! I am sorry about the daycare situation. Don't know what to tell you other than I am sure no-one would think of you as a slacker mom!
Poor hubby. Mine was reading over my shoulder, and said he felt his pain. (BTW...when you locate a daycare for your DH let me know so I can enroll mine!)
That is really coolabout the anthology group! Hope it works out!
Yikes! Sorry for the poo week! I know we have a really ideal working/childcare situation but I totally know how hard it is for folks to get it sorted. hopefully, your job will be understanding!
Congratulations of the possible anthology!
Can I laugh a little at the exploded eggs and broken toe? It's not really funny, but maybe a little.
Can you ask around work for what other working mothers in your office do/have done? Network in a different direction.
I hope the anthology ladies get back to you! good luck with that.
Ali - Seems like Charles has the answers
Charles - thanks for validating my suspicions.
Woolies - Thanks for the luck, I need it!
Best - will do!
Thanks My Aphrodite!
Nellie - :)
Crag - yes, laugh. It's all anyone can do! And thanks I did get in touch with them finally. They are ready for my submission :)
Hey, I made eggs explode once!
Hope the child care arrangement works out, that must be so difficult!
Post a Comment