Sep 9, 2008

How far can I push it before my brain asplodes?

On Wednesdays I usually work from home via email. I decided to do this because:

a) I don't like being away from little H 40 hours a week
b) It saves us in childcare costs
c) Hubby only gets every second weekend off. So not every week, but every second week, he is off on Wednesdays - so every second Wednesday we get a bit of family time (did 'ja get that?).
d) I enjoy my pjs and
e) Time saved commuting is time I can, maybe if I'm lucky and all the planets align and I don't cook dinner, get some creative stuff done.

Right now at work we are dealing with three HUGE projects that involve a lot of money. I need to be there to help out and coordinate actions surrounding these projects. So guess what. Wednesday came around and I couldn't afford to not be in the office - there is just too much going on. What I'm doing about it? I'm taking little H to work with me.

Please pray for me that:

Little H doesn't cover me from head to toe in goo, snot, tears, banana or something else equally embarrassing.

That she doesn't have a massive poop blowout for all the world to smell

That she sits nicely in her stroller and watches her baby Einstein video during my meeting (yes, I will be in a teleconference meeting!)

That she amuses herself safely and allows me to actually get some stuff done.

My head hurts just thinking about it!

Like this post? Subscribe and never miss a spark!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reason "D" is plenty enough reason for me to want to work from home ;-)))

xx
Anita

Anonymous said...

It's nice that you have a job that you can take your child to work. I wish you luck that you'll be able to get everything done. :)

Jennifer said...

Hope everything goes well for you today! My head hurts for you just thinking about it, lol!

Designing Hilary said...

I wish you the best! Although I must admit, I'm secretly hoping for a gut-busting story to come out of this ...

Charles Gramlich said...

Better you than me. Lol. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I've been there.

"Just one more hour, Toots. One more hour."

Tarasview said...

mercy! that is quite the day you have planned- may it all go smoothly :)

Rosebud Collection said...

I am sure everything went well with the little one..and if it didn't..it will make for a good story when she/he is older..

Kim @ What's That Smell said...

I've done it.

Good luck.

It usually ended badly for me. Badly in terms of me not actually getting anything done anyway...

Danielle said...

oh boy! I can't imagine getting any work down with E! Hope all went well.

Stacy said...

It is possible to get a little bit done with your LO at work with you. I have to do it occasionally with Sara Rose

hippos toes said...

So how did it go? I have the same problems with my little guy. It's so hard to get things done and he just went to one nap a day!

blackcrag said...

OK, so what actually did happen? Did the wee bairn (and you) make it through tthe day OK?

Heather said...

Thank you so much everyone for your words of encouragement! I've posted a little update :)