Sep 15, 2008

Monday's Muse - The Meme for Creative Moms

About this Meme:

Monday's Muse is all about inspiring creativity in our fellow moms. Maybe they are having a bad day. Maybe their children are puking or throwing a tantrum or refusing to nap. Help them use their creative minds, if only to ponder our Monday Muse-ings. Join in and post with me - anything that inspires your creativity. It could be a photo, a quote, a piece of writing or an idea. Please respect the copyrights of your fellow artists and refrain from posting images or artistic works that you do not have permission to post. Anything public domain or created by you is game!

My pick today is a quote from Edmund Burke. I've adapted it to fit our gender :)

"Nobody made a greater mistake than (s)he who did nothing because (s)he could do only a little."

I think it is very fitting for us Moms. It's tempting to put our creativity aside while we raise our babies. After all, it is hard to find the time and we can often only do a little. Make that little bit count. Don't give up on it. That little bit will keep you going, keep your mind flexible and your skills fresh until you find yourself with the ability to do more. If we don't cling to that little bit it will be like starting all over once we decide we can really begin.

If you participate(and I hope you do) please email me and I'll link back to your post...eventually I'll put up one of those auto linky things.

Visit Monday's Muse Participants:

Plan, Party and Repeat!

All About Kimberly

Nellie of The Reconstructed Life

Our Family

Like this post? Subscribe and never miss a spark!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should we copy the graphic if we are going to do a monday muse post? I think it's a great idea!

Heather said...

Hi Leah! You certainly can copy the graphic :) Or on the 'About' page (link up top) you'll find a button you can grab the btml for. Either one, it's your choice.

Thanks for participating!

Heather said...

hmmm that should be 'html' :)

Natalia said...

Hi Heather,

I just posted my Monday's Muse. Hope you visit soon. Have a fabulous rest of the day.

Nell Escalante said...

Wow! I love this quote!!! Thank you, I often fall into the trap of doing nothing because I can only do a little bit, NO MORE!!! I would love to join your inspiration campaign, I actually posted a similar thought today on my blog before reading your post. Have a great day!

Heather said...

Thanks so much for participating guys! I can't wait to see what you come up with next week :)