H: What do you like to create?
M: I love to create all types of jewelry! I started out designing personalized name bracelets and that is my specialty. I also love to create necklaces because they add so much style to your wardrobe. I love using natural gemstones and quartz slabs as pendants.
H: How did you get started? Are you finding success?
M: I got started beading as a hobby waiting for my son to come home from Guatemala. I turned my hobby into a business after I left my teaching career to stay home with my son. Yes, I am really busy and I love it! I also keep busy with my website and blog.
H: Were you creative before you had children?
M: Yes, but I used my creativity in a different way. I taught high school for 11 year's so I suppose I used my creativity in my classroom. Now I use it to design my jewelry!
H: Have your methods changed?
M: Yes. I continue to take classes and experiment with new techniques and methods. I love a challenge!
H: How do you find time to stay creative?
M: I use naptime as my planning period. As soon as my son goes down for his nap I begin beading like a crazy woman! I also bead late at night after he has gone to bed.
H: Do your kids show any creative spirit?
M: Yes, my son loves art. He loves to paint and do craft projects. He also has a beading box and he plays with beads while I bead.
H: What have you learned after having your kids
M: I have learned that I really enjoy having my beading to call my own. Now that my son is three there is very little I can call my "own". It is a great creative outlet for me.
Melissa has generously offered as 10% off discount for Maternal Spark readers with the code MS10 - this offer is valid until Dec 21st. She has also offered up a custom bracelet for one lucky winner. It's easy to enter.
#1) go to her website and come back here to leave a comment on what piece is your favorite.
#2) Go to her blog and sign up for her email updates. Come back here and comment that you signed up. You must leave a separate comment for this to count as a second entry.
She also has a personal blog if you're interested in checking that out.-http://peytonsmamasita.
Thanks Melissa, it was a pleasure to have you!
Like this post? Subscribe and never miss a spark!








70 comments:
Wow! Very beautiful jewellery!
The Swarovski Crystal name bracelet is my favourite.
It's stunning.
I signed up for the email updates too!
I actually bought two of these bracelets for my mom and my grandmother last year through the mjennings Etsy shop, so I know just how gorgeous they are!
Gemstone and Bali Name Bracelet is my fave - love the blend of gemstones.
Thanks!
kellifrobinson2(at)gmail(dot)com
I like the Valentine's Day Bracelet.
I subscribed to her email updates.
Thank you!
janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com
The beautiful Rosary Bracelet is my pick. Thank you for the wonderful giveaway!
dlcwin AT gmail DOT com
I have subscribed to Melissa's email updates.
dlcwin AT gmail DOT com
I love the Gemstone and Bali Name Bracelet. It is so pretty =)
Her jewelry is so so pretty! I really like the Swarovski Crystal Name Bracelet.
Thanks so much!
I singed up for her updates via email.
Thanks.
pretty! I love the bali silver and swarovski bracelet..very nice . Thanks for the contest.
I signed up for her blog..very nice.
I just love the child's Rosary Bracelet. That is so beautiful. Thank you so much!
judybrittle at aol dot com
I signed up for her email.
judybrittle at aol dot com
The pearl and silver watch is my favorite.
=) melanie
http://melaniescrafts.blogspot.com
melanieadey at hotmail dot com
I tweeted here...
https://twitter.com/MelaniesCrafts
=) melanie
http://melaniescrafts.blogspot.com
melanieadey at hotmail dot com
I like the school spirit bracelets. I would need and orange and blue one. Go Gators!!
egreca (at) hotmail {dot} com
I like the Pearl and Swarovski
Crystal bracelet. It will go with
so many outfits, and it is simply
beautiful.
Hi, She has some lovely jewelry creations! I really like the "Pearl
and Silver Name Bracelet!" Please enter my name in your fabulous giveaway drawing. Many thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com
I subscribed to Melissa's blog newsletter. Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com
I really like the dog stone charm bracelet it's beautiful!
I like many of the bracelets, but favorite is Swarovski Crystal Name Bracelet
I signed up for email updates.
I like the childs name bracelet with the series of hearts link together dangling and the rosary bracelet
I like the Bali Silver Name Bracelet.
My favorite is the Pirate Key Chain!
I subscribed to her newsletter!
I like the Valentine's Day Bracelet because my birthday is Valentine's Day!!
I like the Valentine's Day Bracelet because my birthday is Valentine's Day!!!
I like the Child Size Set.
fricknfrack0125@msn.com
I signed up to receive email updates too!
very nice! I love the Gemstone and Bali Name Bracelet
I signed up for the email updates too!
debbiebellows [at]gmail [dot]com
I love the Child Size Name Bracelet with the heart charm. So pretty. Thanks so much for this giveaway. You have such beautiful jewelry to offer. Thanks.
I love the Child Size name bracelet - cute! :)
I like the Gold and Silver Name Bracelet.
I like the hope watch.
school spirit are very nice
I would love the Swarovski Crystal Name Bracelet!
I love the blue cross necklace set. Please count me in and thanks for the contest!
codisweepstakes at gmail dot com
Signed up for email updates!
I like the Swarovski Crystal Child-Size Bracelet. What little girl wouldn't love to have that in her jewelry box or on her wrist?
I subscribed to her e-mail updates.
My favorite is the Gemstone and Bali Name Bracelet.
-Terra
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com
My wife loves the Swarovski Crystal name bracelet.
I love the Two Strand Swarovski Crystal Watch.It is beautiful.
Thanks for the giveaway
I have subscribed for email
updates
CharlieGurl57@aol.com
I love all of her pieces and have just placed my order for two pieces (gifts). My favorite for me would be the Bali Gemstone name bracelet.I thank you for featuring her designs, I am so psyched.
I am also subscribed to email updates!
i like the swarovski crystal name bracelet.
The Pearl and Swarovski Crystal bracelet is beautiful.
I like the Swarovski Crystal Name Bracelet
My favorite item is Child Size Name Bracelet
kuda1976@mail[dot]ru
Swarovski Crystal Name Bracelet
Pearl and Silver Name Bracelet is my fav
Pearl and Silver Name Bracelet is my fave
maysoed[at]mail[dot]ru
I like the Multi Gemstone watch. I love different watches.
I like the Child Size Swarovski Necklace and Bracelet.
Jennifer, jennem22 at yahoo dot com
multi gemstone watch is nice
I like sterling silver chandelier earrings.
annabell_lee_dk (at) yahoo.com
I really like the Snowflake Obsidian Necklace and Earring Set. The black and white color combination is beautiful and goes with so much of what I generally wear. All of the jewelry is beautiful and impeccably made! Thank you for the opportunity to enter.
joannaonthelake@gmail.com
I went to Melissa's Blog and signed up for and activated my subscription. I am looking forward to receiving her emails and updates. Thank you!
joannaonthelake@gmail.com
I love the Gold and Bali Silver Name Bracelet. Beautiful!
I love the lovely Pearl and Swarovski
Crystal bracelet--thanks for the giveaway.
aghendrick@aol.com
the Pearl and Silver watch is my favorite. very pretty
I LOVE bracelets and these are just SO very special. I really liked the photo silver bracelet.
Thanks for a great giveaway.
tskrush (at) cox (dot) net
I am a subscriber
I love the Gold and Bali Silver Name Bracelet. It is gorgeous. There are others that I liked but none as much as this one.
I subscribed to your email updates.
Pearl and silver watch would be my favorite. The Swarovski Crystal name bracelet is also a sweet piece of work.
Love the School Spirit Bracelets! Cool!
Post a Comment