Enter to win a custom piece of art for your child's room. Namesakes has offered to personalize a wall hanging just for you! And if you'd like to purchase, 50% of the proceeds go towards benefiting pediatric cancer causes.To enter, visit it's 4 the Kids. Read about the kids (bring tissue). Once you've gotten to know those children a little bit, come back here and leave a comment for your entry. Tell us a little about what you read at it's 4 the Kids.
This contest is open until Nov 15th.
Like this post? Subscribe and never miss a spark!








74 comments:
oh mercy! you weren't kidding about needing to bring tissue.
wow. my heart breaks for those kids and my heart constricts in fear at the realization that it could happen to MY kids too.
I read that it is a group of artists who are using their talents to benefit kids with cancer.
I learned that I can do my online shopping through iGive to help It's 4 the kids.
I also learned that you can sign a petition that they are trying to get enough signatures to get all the major news outlets to do a story on childhood cancer.
Heartbreaking...
kim@accidentalmommies.com
It's so nice to see that this site was created to help ease the financial burden of families who have a child suffering with cancer. God bless you for your efforts. It's nice to see people care.
jceko77@yahoo.com
Ok...I am now balling. What a great cause.
I learned about a young man who lost his life, and signed the petition for him to get awareness of childhood cancer out there. Such sadness, yet such joy at the same time. Thanks for sharing, great giveaway, thanks.
really pass the tissues. love the fact it is ehelping families ease the financial burden so they can concentrate on whats needed mrs.mommyyatgmaildotcom
What great artwork! I have not heard of this particular group of artists. My son was born with Neuroblastoma 8 months ago so anything raising money for families dealing with pediatric cancer is near and dear to my heart. I would love to have this beautiful artwork for him.
Thank you for the reminder to be thankful that I have two healthy boys. Sometimes we forget about the hardships that some children face every day.
I learned that I could sign a petition to help cure cancer. I signed it!
kids with cancer wow what a shame
Thank you for having this. This is such a heartbreaking story. This makes me so thankfull for my 3 healthy wonderful children.
This is a reminder of how blessed we are if our children are healthy. It is also a reminder to reach out and care for those who are in need. No one can get through life alone. I'm so glad there are people making the stories of these families known to others!
Wow what a sad story. It is heartbreaking.
Oh wow! That was truly heartwrenching. I just wanted to hug them all. They are just so brave. I loved little Kieran with hid bald head and courageous smile. Thanks for the contest!
cherierj(at)yahoo(dot)com
sign a petiton to help cure cancer
This is so sad! No child should have to go through cancer.
Elaine R
emrosser@shaw.ca
Thanks for the reminder.
Crying my eyes out for those little ones and thier families, especially those who "earned her angel wings". My son died in 2004 and I still feel the trauma and pain of his illness. Life can be SO cruel.
I can't stop crying. People need to know that our babies are suffering.Instead of paying people to dance and run races on reality tv they should do stories on our children while donating money for them and a cure. I pray to God every night that it will happen. Thank you for the wake up call.
judybrittle at aol dot com
Heartbreaking. What a wonderful site that helps the financial burden of these children with cancer. Wow!
How sad, How could such innocent little souls be stricken with a horrible disease. How great it is that there are people out there trying to help. I have forwarded the site to my friends.
shop thru igive to do your part
I like that you can sign the petition.
ktgonyea at gmail.com
OMG. How incredibly heartbreaking. I read about Jessica earning her wings and had to cry. Such a beautiful girl. I am hugging my kids extra hard tonight.
Okay, I can't tell you what I learned cuz I can't see through my tears. It reminds me that when my kids are driving me nuts I should really be thankful.
SO THRILLED that you all are jumping on the band wagon! We need LOTS of people on our Cancer Kids band wagon!
We need to make a difference!
IGive donates a portion of your purchase to us as long as you shop thru their site
tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com
This is an amazing site. I am choking back tears here...the bravery of these beautiful children and their parents. Thanks for such a beautiful cause and giveaway!
Brave little fighters all!
The stories are so heartbreaking. I feel for the children and the families who have to go through such terrible illnesses. I learned to be thankful for my two healthy little boys and to cherish every moment I have with them because no one is guaranteed another day on Earth. What a great site, I'm bookmarking it!
This really breaks my heart. Im glad to hear about the artists usuing their wonderful talent to benefit these children. ((hugs)) to them and their families.
I've had cancer three times and lost a sister and dad to it. What kept me going when I was in the hospital was thinking innocent babies and children get this. So I offered up my suffering for them .Thanks for the good work for pediatric cancer patients.
I learned that I am pretty spoiled having two healthy boys.
Amber has the same name and resembles a great kid I know.
God bless these kids that go through so much~
I learned that everyone can do something to make a difference. I had been considering taking a volunteer board position in children's education and seeing the effort that this foundation puts in made me realize that I definately need to take it and do my part. Thanks! justicecw@hotmail.com
What a great cause.
hetz-junk(at)hotmail(dot)com
Signing for a cure.
It is so heartbreaking to see children suffer. It is great to see people come together and use their talent for a great cause.
jamielz@verizon.net
Wow those are some really brave kids what a great site! Thanks for introducing it to me!
ajcmeyer AT go DOT com
What a great way to support a wonderful cause! thanks for sharing how easy it is to make a difference
I learned that their are more good people in this world than bad,someone who can do this is my hero!God bless them all,what a wonderful site
What a nice site committed to a wonderful cause. My heart breaks for what these children have to go through. I learned that there are various stages and kinds of cancer that I was never aware of. Thanks so much for such a wonderful giveaway and for opening my eyes to this website, I will definitely try and help out.
Eloise
furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net
My heart truly goes out for these kids and i am thankful everyday that my children are healthy. Thanks for being so caring!
I can't read anymore. The stories are sad and inspirational at the same time. I feel for the children and their families. It puts you back in your place and reminds you that live is precious.
babychooch (at) gmail {dot} com
I work in the insurance business and hear often of children who are fighting what is sometimes a losing battle. Each time I get off the phone with an extremely anxious parent, I say a prayer for them and hope that even if God does not see it is fit to heal them of their illnesses, to make the family strong to deal with the struggle and the possible loss. I will help in the raising of awareness as much as I can. One story that broke my heart was the one of AJ. His family lost him this year and his father left a wonderful touching comment on the blog site. I can't imagine how painful that must be. I complain I cannot have anymore children, yet I have one and he is healthy and alive. God has blessed me in so many ways. I pray He helps those who are researching to find cures and answers.
God Bless everyone!
what a beautiful joint enterprise, to work together, to create, to benefit children with cancer!!
I lost my sister to cancer earlier this year, and took her to Dana Farber cancer institute in Boston...
where she was enrolled in a clinical trial...I happened to see the Jimmy Fund, where kids are treated for pediatric cancer, and it was such a beautiful place.
thanks for putting beautiful faces and names to these kids...
oh my. i learned to not take advantage of a single bit of time with my family and to be happy with what we have!
How heart breaking to see the pictures of the kids who didn't make it.
No child should have to go through this! Great giveaway! Thanks! senekers@comcast.net
Childhood Cancer is horrible.
what a sad and beautiful site at the same time. I read about a lot of children but the one who stuck out to me was Jessica, who is/was the same age as my youngest daughter. She loved classical poetry and owls (I can almost imagine her bedroom, soft colors and lots of stuffed owls) So sad that when she she should have been planning her graduation and dreaming of the future it was all taken away. My heart breaks for her family.
Man... Tissue is a understatement!! Everyone of these kids are beautiful inside and out, and they are fighters!! God just couldn't live without a few of them in heaven! :) God Bless the familys... I can only imagine cause I have a 14 month old... So the little boy named Lukas really got me! I will keep the familys in my prayers
awwww the children and the families are being helped by artists because the children have cancer.
janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com
I also learned that I can do my online shopping through iGive to help It's 4 the kids. Thanks for giving me a chance to win.
erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net
I learned how lucky I am with two healthy children.
My heart goes out to those children and to their families. Thanks for the reminder that there are things more important than messy rooms and leaving your shoes and socks lying around the house.
I read about the different ways that you can help
Totally Heartbreaking!
I read that it is a group of artists who are using their talents to benefit kids with cancer.
My heart aches for these childrens' families. I read about the beautiful young woman who was diagnosed in '06 and died a year later, just after her 17th birthday, a time when she should have been giggling with girlfriends and planning her prom dress. No one is immune.
These poor poor little one. It just breaks my heart...
OMG - I am crying. How heartbreaking but at the same time inspiring
my heart goes out to all with cancer especially children it just breaks me heart :( i pray that one day soon they will find a cure
Jessica was diagnosed in 3rd grade with (anaplastic) astrocytoma and is 17 years old.
Signing for a cure
I feel so sad for the kids.
I learned I can do online shopping through iGive to help It's 4 the kids.
I feel for the children and their families.
Childhood Cancer SUCKS! ty 4 the entry and giveaway!:)
I am pretty spoiled having two healthy girls this is so sad
I learned that when you shop at IGive.com and enter "it's 4 the kids" as your charity of choice, they will donate a portion of the purchase. Great cause.
I learned that I am very blessed mother to have 5 children all healthy. I cannot imagine what these parents, muchless the beautiful children are going through. This is an AWESOME cause!
I never will understand why life has to be so short for these kids it really makes me count my blessings and am so grateful for today my kids are healthy but it is so real and it sickens me i pray for their families
I read that its 4 the kids is a team of artists who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children like Julian.
As hard as it is to read, God Bless the little ones who have earned those wings through such bravery, and blessings to those still fighting. We could all learn from the strength of these heroes.ashlyn@chuparkoff.com
Really sad.
donna444444@yahoo.com
Post a Comment