Nov 16, 2008

Monday's Muse - the Meme for Creative Moms



Read about the Meme.

I had a hard time coming up with my Muse for this week. My upcoming week will be very full. We're short staffed at the day job as our receptionist is on holiday so I'll be picking up some of that slack. It's also a short week for me as I've taken a day off to visit with my parents who are coming to visit (can't wait to see you mom!) So I'll be very busy at work. Not to mention preparing for company always involves an extra load of laundry and other random chore type things that mean I'll also be busy at home.

So, in my plans for the week, I hadn't included anything creative as I just know there will be little time and less mental capacity for it.

Which left me in a predicament. What to write?

Looking forward wasn't giving me any ideas so I started looking back at this last week. Little H is finally starting to grow hair - but that doesn't make for interesting reading. I did some housework....nope, still boring. Wait, I did some housework! It's been a while since I really did that. I tackled some big jobs too, like the bottom of the master bedroom closet that had a still half packed suitcase from my last trip out of town (from last February) and I also hand-washed our hardwood floor as it had become too much of a job for the Swiffer Wet Jet to tackle.

I was quite proud of myself for getting these things done and I owe it all to Little H who, has really grown up in the last month. She can now play very well on her own, in her room. She has taken to coloring (so far keeping it on the paper provided!) She has even attempted to help me do things like sweep the floors or clean the big window in our living room.

Yes, I know you're wondering how this ties in with Monday's Muse well, I realized just today that slowly but surely, little H is allowing me some time to do things. She's growing up. While it makes me sad that we're leaving her babyhood behind, I can look forward to more time for creative endeavors...and more time working on creative things with her - together.

What's inspiring you this week? Share your inspirations by linking to your post below!




Like this post? Subscribe and never miss a spark!

5 comments:

Imcombobulated said...

I've had the same revelation over the past few days; my baby boy is growing up (almost 11 months!) Now that he and his sister can do some self-entertainment, I can do things like:
clean the bathroom!
reorganize the bedrooms!
craft!

The possibilities opening up before me are mind-boggling!

Charles Gramlich said...

My son is 21 and no longer claims much of any of my time. I enjoy the free time to work in a way, but I sure miss my little boy.

Nell Escalante said...

I hear you! I started hiring a babysitter to take my then 10 month for one day a week so that I could work on sewing and screenprinting. One day, when he was 15 months old, I realized how much I got accomplished with him being in the apartment with me. I decided to save the $30 bucks a day, buy supplies with it and enjoy my baby boy sit at my feet and giggle everytime the machine hummed.

Petula said...

I remember this feeling with my first three children, but with the last one I am so glad she is at daycare during the day because I feel like she'll never get to that point. She's so mischevious. :D You're right though... when you realize they're moving up/growing up you can feel the freedom come along with a little sadness. Good luck with increased creative moments.

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

She colors by herself? Goodness! I know the feeling, though on my end, it's usually because I think "why is she so quiet??"

Thanks for posting my link for me. You beat me to it! :)