Read about the Meme.
‘When inspiration does not come to meet me, I go halfway to meet it.’
— Sigmund Freud
I read this quote today and it had me wondering about going to meet your inspiration. Like I said last week, I had very little inspiration happening. I was busy, I was tired, I was mushy headed.
But, going out to meet your inspiration is why I started this blog. I know we, as moms, can have tremendous highs and lows when it comes to creativity. We look at our children and the love overcomes us. We want to capture that emotion and hang onto it forever. But at the same time, we're tired, we're spent mentally and we give all we can of ourselves.
In order to be able to meet our inspirations we need to keep our sights on what is most important to us and where we want to go. Last week I wasn't in any shape to push myself creatively but this week is new. This week I will put on my walking shoes and go down a creative path. I just hope inspiration is there to meet me when I arrive.
Where are you going this week? Link below to bring us along.
Like this post? Subscribe and never miss a spark!








6 comments:
Just passin' through.
I have been called Mother..., but I am not one. :)
I created a story this week to accompany one of my illustrations. I always create little stories for my girls, but I never share them. This week I challenged myself to put the story down on paper and share it with the world. So, if you would to hear what happen's to Emily Trickett....
I love this post so of course I talk about meeting my inspiration halfway this week. You are really a Maternal Spark! :D Thanks so much for keeping my creative juices flowing.
Going out with my hubby today was my creative way of meeting inspiration halfway. thanks for this wonderful post!
It's wonderful to see what inspires everyone else. Thanks for a great weekly reminder!
wonderful quote. a good eye-opener
Post a Comment