Jan 22, 2009

Featured Mom - Karley of KZM Facial Care plus Giveaway!

H: How long have you been doing what you do?

K: I have been in the skin care field for over a decade. I opened KZM Facial Care Boutique in August 2007 after closing a busy bath and body shop I owned until June 2007.

H: What do you like to create?

K: Oh I love creating in general. I am not a logical, numbers oriented person, not one to color in the lines because that is how you're supposed to do it. I see art and creating in everything--from designing greeting cards, decorating, and with what I do. I used to be a makeup artist and that was the ultimate outlet for my creativity. I love creating everything from recipes in the kitchen to new recipes for facial creams.

H: How did you get started? Are you finding success?

K: I actually started out a long time ago. I made soaps and lotions for friends back before I got married. I used my knowledge and background in aesthetics/skincare to create my products. I have found success, and my business continues to grow online and locally each day. My Goat's Milk Facial Cream is featured in the October 2008 issue of Martha Stewart's BODY + SOUL magazine.

H: Were you creative before you had children?

K: Absolutely. I have always been very creative, starting at a very early age.

H: Have your methods changed?

K: Some have had to change. I used to make cold-processed soaps, which involve using lye in the soapmaking process. I cannot do this any longer because my husband works from home now and his home office is my former soaping workshop. I have nowhere else in the home completely closed off where I can safely work with this ingredient. Something else that has changed since I first started off is that I do not use parabens, artificial fragrances, sulfates, silicons or anything else questionable in what I make.

H: How do you find time to stay creative?

K: I make time. Tapping into my creativity is a part of who I am.

H: Do your kids show any creative spirit?

K: Absolutely! Nicholas is my 5 year old and he loves music. He sings, dances, plays a harmonica...he is also very dramatic. I could see him acting or performing on stage on Broadway. Benjamin is 3 and is also creative, but in a more dare-devilish way.

H: What have you learned after having your kids?

K: I learned that if you have dreams, you need to use your creativity and go after them--show your kids that you're never too old to have a dream to chase after!

H: Anything else to add?

K: Another creative outlet for me is the blog I edit, CHIC & GREEN.


Giveaway!!

Karley is generously giving away
a Goat's Milk Facial Cream, as seen in Body + Soul magazine, as well as a Goat's Milk Eye Treatment Cream. The value is $28.50 for these. To enter, visit her website or her shop on Lollishops and then come back here and leave a comment. Tell us which product you would be most interested in smelling.

Make sure to leave your email address so we can contact you if you're the winner.

Get extra entries -

Bloggers, write a post about this giveaway linking both to Maternal Spark and the KZM website.

Twitter users, send out a tweet about this giveaway.

For extra entries to count, make sure to leave an additional comment linking to your posts.

Best of luck!

Like this post? Subscribe and never miss a spark!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

168 comments:

Annie1 said...

The Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist sounds super refreshing!

Thanks for a great giveaway!


nancyrobster@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I found you via Karley's blog. I really like her products - I am dying to smell the Cucumber Calendula Facial Mist. Thanks for a great giveaway :) citygirllifestyle@gmail.com

mverno said...

The Bayberry Apple Spice Votive Candles

Anonymous said...

I like the scent of Cucumber so I wouldn't mind smelling the Cucumber Facial Mist

allaboutkimberly AT gmail DOT com

KayeDean said...

The Pink Pumpkin Enzyme Facial Mask... Thanks for the giveaway!

valerie2350 said...

rosewater and aloe facial mist would be wonderful!! :)

Anonymous said...

I would love to smell the bee glowing firming body cream. It sounds delish..:)

Thanks for the interview and the giveaway..

maybemee@gmail.com

valerie2350 said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/valerie2350/status/1142576633

valerie2350 said...

blogged
http://sweeps4bloggers.blogspot.com/2009/01/maternalspark-kzm-facial-care-giveaway.html

wendy wallach said...

I would love to try the KZM sea salt glow.

madamerkf at aol dot com

Fangirl Jen said...

The Dreamland Pillow Mist sounds relaxing.

Anonymous said...

pink pumpkin enzyme mask


frogz60@hotmail.com

Sheila Hickmon said...

I would really like to smell the Cucumber Calendula Facial Mist!

Anya said...

I'd like to smell the Grapefruit Facial Mist. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to smell the Carrot Seed & Chamomile facial spray. Thanks.
Charlotte
charlottewinters@cox.net

Heather said...

I would love to try the Lip Butter. Karley did a giveaway on my blog last year & now it is my turn to try & win some of her fabulous products!! :)

PAIGE said...

I want to smell the pink pumpkin mask.

Anonymous said...

Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist. I would like to try this. I don't wear heavy perfume and this would be perfect.

Anonymous said...

ROSEWATER & ALOE VERA FACIAL MIST-looks great
KawaiiNeko2008 (at) aol (dot) com

thinkingbrain135 said...

I want to smell the facial cleansing oil. It sounds like it would smell fabulous after reading the ingredients.

thinkingbrain135 (at) gmail (dot) com

linett said...

I think the Lip Butter would be awesome, thanks

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

Cucumber Calendula Facial Mist mrs.mommyyatgmaildotcom

chromiumman said...

the bee glowing firming body cream

Stephanie said...

goat's milk firming night cream
tvollowitz at aol dot com

Denise S. said...

I think I'd like smelling the Cucumber Calendula Facial Mist. I love other cucumber things already.

rrshep said...

I'd loe to smell the Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist.

Anonymous said...

I would love to smell the goats milk eye cream. this is a great give away!

Starr Greenwell
starr_greenwell@comcast.net

Miss Spoken said...

Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist
gkstratos@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Pink Pumpkin Enzyme Facial Mask would be great ! thanx for the opp

Anonymous said...

The goats milk facial cream sounds interesting.

Nora
neneelynn@yahoo.com

Leslie said...

Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist

danosor said...

I am a subscriber.

randio said...

The Dreamland Sleep Balm sounds fantastic!!

janetfaye said...

I would like to smell the Goats Milk Mist for Hair and Body.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

Jackie said...

I would love to smell the Dreamland Pillow Mist.

Maria said...

i would try the Bee Glowing Firming Body Cream! Thanks!

mtulovsky@gmail.com

Maria said...

i would try the Bee Glowing Firming Body Cream. thanks!

mtulovsky@gmail.com

llinda29 said...

Cucumber Calendula Facial Mist is my choice

Anonymous said...

I would be most interested in smelling Goat's Milk Mist for hair & body in the Comforting Blend (Almond & Vanilla)
jeanilynne at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

posted this giveaway here:
http://bloggyfinds.blogspot.com/2009/01/maternal-spark-featured-mom-karley-of.html
(jeanilynne at gmail dot com)

Anonymous said...

tweeted here:
http://twitter.com/bloggyfinds/status/1144011672
(jeanilynne at gmail dot com)

judybrittle said...

I would like to try the Goat's Milk mist for hair and body. Sounds pretty interesting. Thank you!

Danielle M. said...

I think the grapefruit facial mist would smell awesome.

dmmarklin at bresnan dot net

Thank you!

besosforpesos said...

Dreamland Sleep Balm sounds great to a sleep deprived mother turned graduate student!

mar said...

The facial cleansing oil is what I would be most interesting in smelling!

Belinda said...

I would love to smell the Bee Glowing Firming Body Cream.
Thanks!
1bmore @ gmail .com

Anonymous said...

mmmm.. the Cucumber Facial Mist sounds fantastic!
shellrae58@sbcglobal.net

ehhogan said...

I'd like to try the Eyeliss cream

Anonymous said...

I would love to try the Dreamland Sleep Balm!! I like to experiment with different scented lotions before I go to bed, because the aromas help me relax before I drift off to sleep! Thank you for the contest!
txgigggles@yahoo.com

Croasla0 said...

the dreamland pillow mist sounds good!
lauren
croasla0(At)sewanee.edu

409cope said...

I would love to smell the Pink Pumpkin Enzyme Facial Masque.Umm pumpkin! cardshark42(at)hotmail(dot)com

sweetsue said...

I would love to see what the Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist smells like!
smchester at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I would love to smell the pink pumpkin! thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'd be most interested in smelling the Dreamland Pillow Mist from KZM Face :) *Thanks* for the giveaway!

lucky[dot]ladybug[at]verizon[dot]net

Anonymous said...

I Tweeted the giveaway :
http://twitter.com/LuckyLadybug/status/1144926066
lucky[dot]ladybug[at]verizon[dot]net

jassmg2024 said...

I would love to smell the pink pumpkin mask.

Cjnedrow said...

I would be most interested in smelling the Dreamland Pillow Mist™!
cjnedrow@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

The Bayberry Apple Spice candles sound wonderful

Sunnyvale said...

the facial cleaning oil

Petula said...

I would love to smell the Dreamland pillow scent (under aromatherapy)... Anything that would help me to sleep must smell divine.

I would love to win these products because my winter skin is a mess! :)

susanhales said...

The Dreamland Pillow Mist in the Aromatherapy section would be nice - I'd like to know the scent. Thanks for the giveaway!

Anonymous said...

I think it would be Cucumber Calendula Facial Mist (Sensitive Skin).

annabell_lee_dk (at) yahoo.com

lmurley2000 said...

great giveaway please consider me to win, that sounds like a great face cream they say goat milk is really rich

Anonymous said...

The Grapefruit mist for oily skin.
I bookmarked KZM Facial Care Boutique, glad you lead us to her products.

tasardina@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Goats milk facial cream? Sounds quite luxe, eh? Wonder how it smells?

LV said...

I'd like to smell the "Dreamland pillow mist"

Anonymous said...

At my age- I DO use a night cream always. I sure would love to try the goat's milk night firming cream.

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to try the Night Firming Cream! I would love to smell the Dreamland sleep balm.. interesting!

Anonymous said...

OH no I did not leave my email!

Granny Deb said - I want the goat's milk night firming cream!!

Spacemonkey907@yahoo.com

idahomom said...

I would like to smell KZM Signature Lip Butter.

Rhonda said...

The Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist looks lovely.

toughturtles said...

facial cleansing oil

susan1215 said...

The Dreamland Pillow Mist sounds nice

Simply Stacie said...

Dreamland Pillowmist sounds interesting.

timothy l said...

Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist sounds great

Ang said...

Lip butter it has vanilla and almonds in it.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to smell the Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist.

Anonymous said...

Dreamland Pillow Mist. What a brilliant idea!

klownmom[at]gmail[dot]com

Jill Myrick (jsc123) said...

I would love to smell the Dreamland Sleep Balm.
Anything that makes it easier to sleep has to small great in my opinion.
Thank you so much for offering this wonderful giveaway.

msrodeobrat said...

oh my.. the Dreamland Pillow Mist sounds so wonderful, i would love to smell it (and maybe it would help me sleep!)

mo said...

I would like to smell the Dreamland Sleep Balm.

Ordell Knot said...

I would like to smell the Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist. Thanks for the giveaway!

Ordell Knot said...

I tweeted, http://twitter.com/ordellknot/status/1146194520

ZESTYWONDERLAND said...

Cucumber Calendula Facial Mist (Sensitive Skin).
zestywonderland@gmail.com

I signed up for their newletter too.

Great Products!

joannaonthelake said...

KZM Facial Care Boutique offers some really fantastic products! I am impressed with the wide variety of items that are offered and the effective ingredients used to create these fine products. I would love to see what the Cucumber Calendula Facial Mist smells like. It sounds very refreshing and rejuventating! And, my favorite item from the shop is the Goats Milk Firming Eye Cream with Eyeliss. Based on the description this sounds like a super hydrating and luxurious cream for the delicate eye area that targets many of the problems we all experience. I am so pleased to learn about this online skincare boutique today! Thank you for the opportunity to enter.
joannaonthelake@gmail.com

joannaonthelake said...

I Twittered about your giveaway too. Here is a link to the Tweet:

http://twitter.com/joannaonthelake/status/1146708595

joannaonthelake@gmail.com

trishden said...

I would like to smell Karley's Dreamland Pillow Mist. It sounds heavenly and calming. Thanks for a great giveaway!

trishden said...

I twittered you here:
http://twitter.com/trishden/status/1146765903

Deborah Wellenstein said...

I would be interested in Dreamland Pillow Mist. Thanks!

Megan said...

Oh, definitely want to smell the Cucumber Calendula Facial Mist!
meganaross@gmail.com

mere101 said...

I would like to smell the Pink Pumpkin Enzyme Facial Mask... Thanks for the giveaway!

Anonymous said...

I love goatsmilk moisturizing properties, so the goatsmilk face cream.
Nancy S

Anonymous said...

The Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist sounds super refreshing!

mogrill said...

The Dreamland Pillow Mist sounds very cool!!

sue s said...

Pink Pumpkin Enzeme Facial Mask.

Beverley said...

Dreamland Pillow Mist!

Anonymous said...

The Cucumber Calendula Facial Mist is something I'd like to smell. Cucumber scent alone is refreshing. I bet this is a great perk-me-up.

Anonymous said...

Tweeted - http://twitter.com/sito50/status/1147277106

bison61 said...

I picked Dreamland sleep balm

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Love the sound of the Bee Glowing Facial Scrub!

Vanessa C.
vanessasuethompson@gmail.com

J.M. said...

I would love the KZM sea salt glow. Everything looks wonderful though

Bakersdozen said...

I am interested in several products from this site, including the eye firming cream with Eyeliss. It sounds very soothing. vidomich(at)yahoo(dot)com

ky2here said...

I want to smell and use this one: The Pink Pumpkin Enzyme Facial Mask.

Anonymous said...

The Bayberry Apple Spice Votive Candles


jdmimi [at] gmail [dot] com

David Johnson said...

The Dreamland Pillow Mist, thanks titanicluck at gmail dot com

littlelatina said...

I'd love to try the pink pumpkin facial mask! Sounds wonderful

Bonnie in FL said...

I'd love to smell the Dreamland pillow mist--sounds wonderful

Karen said...

Dreamland Pillow sounds great :)

ktgonyea at gmail.com

vboackle said...

the goat's milk eye cream.

Catharine said...

Everything sounds so good! ... How about the Dreamland Sleep Balm.

Anonymous said...

I'll bet the Facial Cleansing Oil smells really clean. Thanks.
Heidi
sweet_soul_sistermi@yahoo.com

petteytiffany@yahoo.com said...

WANT TO TRY THE KZM SEA SALT GLOW

ds said...

pink pumpkin enzyme mask

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind smelling the Cucumber Calendula Facial Mist.

beausdorei at gmail dot com

terri142 said...

I would love to try the signature eye balm

Gabriel S-J. said...

I really like the Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist.

legab67156 (at) gmail (dot) com

yadgirl said...

I'd like to smell the Dreamland Pillow Mist

Anonymous said...

The Dreamland Sleep Balm, sounds interesting.

heaventrees said...

I love linen sprays so I would love to smell KZM's Dreamland Pillow Mist.

silverbele said...

I love cucumber spray

Anonymous said...

I'm a total sucker for ANYTHING with honey in it, so I'd virtually drooling over the prospect of the Bee Glowing Facial Scrub. Yum!

boatwoman_beatty@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I love grapefruits so I would love to smell the Grapefruit Facial Mist.

stephanie_adkins@yahoo.com

Jolene said...

pink pumpkin facial mask sounds great

rubynreba said...

rosewater and aloe vera facial mist but all of it looks good

Jinxy and Me said...

I think I would like the Cucumber Calendula Facial Mist.

Anonymous said...

Hm...IDK, The Goats Milk Facial Cleanser sounds awesome.

clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist sounds like it would smell great!
ashlomb at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I would love to try the Pink Pumpkin Enzyme Facial Mask. Thanks for the chance to win.
erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

Lemonade said...

I would love to smell the rose water & aloe.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this information. I really appreciate it! The Goats Milk Facial Cleanser would be my choice.

Great blog and giveway. I hope you have an awesome day! Thanks again ;-) Amy (amyinkamloops *AT* gmail.com)

Happi Shopr said...

I'd like to smell the Cucumber Calendula Facial Mist. trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

pancak said...

Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist would be one to try.

shelley said...

I think I like to smell the dreamland pillow mist thanks.

mogrill said...

The lip butter sounds delish!!

mogrill@comcast.net

kaylee8 said...

I would love to smell the Dreamland pillow mist as I am drifting off to dreamland!

imaclutz89 said...

The Pink Pumpkin Enzyme Facial Masque sounds nice.

Anonymous said...

Pink Pumpkin Facial Mask sounds great :)

goddesspaula17@aol.com

Ashleigh said...

awesome!!! cucumber facial mist sounds awesome!!

Anonymous said...

anything cucumber like the facial mist


booboo918@Hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to try the Carrot Seed & Chamomile facial spray. It sounds wonderful!!

annemarie562000(at)yahoo(dot)com

Kobi said...

Carrot Seed & Chamomile Facial Mist

liliesrnice said...

the dreamland balm would be a great product to smell I think.

Charlene S. said...

I'd like the pink pumpkin enzyme facial masque

k-team said...

Dreamland pillow mist sounds nice for the sheets! Thanks.

rosannepm said...

I'd love to smell the Bee Glowing Shimmering powder
rosans4@comcast.net

mearbear said...

I would love to smell the Grapefruit Facial Mist! Thanks for the Contest!

Betty C said...

The KZM Sea Salt Glow sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

The pink panther


sam090496@hotmail.com

mgster said...

I would love to smell the Pumpkin facial mask...but I might lick it! I love anything pumpkin. Nice products by the way.

arvard said...

The Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist sounds nice.

Marissa said...

I love the Grapefruit Facial Mist. Thanks for the chance to win a great prize.

klp1965 said...

id love to try the bee glow shimmering powder :)

Roseann K. said...

I'd love to try the Cucumber Calendula facial mist. Thanks!

mrstrooper said...

Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist

Anonymous said...

I'd like to try the Dreamland pillow mist. I'm an insomniac.

ladycat713@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to try your products!

larissa_bowlin@hotmail.com

carolpie said...

Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist would be delightful!

Anonymous said...

The cucumber masque would be great to smell. . .good enough to eat I imagine. Thanks.

kanaleis said...

I'd like to see and smell the Pink Pumpkin Enzyme Facial Mask.

Just8 said...

Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist might make me more alert, giving more peace with my children.

kkriefall@yahoo.com

NesieBird said...

Bayberry Apple Spice Votive Candles sound soothingly nice.

Anonymous said...

Goat's Milk Face Cleanser is the product I want to sniff. It has great performance reviews.

Betty said...

I would love to smell the Rosewater & Aloe Vera Facial Mist. Thanks for the giveaway!
bmcgregor72 AT hotmail DOT com

rubynreba said...

I think it would be interesting to smell the goats milk mist for hair and body. Thanks

lilyk said...

I am most interested in the Goat's Milk Mist for Hair & Body.

ms.lilyk@gmail.com

Ilissa said...

I'd love to try the Cucumber Calendula Facial Mist (Sensitive Skin).

ki3ds said...

KZM Sea Salt Glow, sounds lovely

darbyscloset said...

I would like to smell her scent "green"...it is described as woodsy and critus! In fact I ordered a bottle..can I get an extra entry for purchasing?
Thanks so much,
Darby
darbyscloset at yahoo dot com