Jan 19, 2009

Monday's Muse - the Meme for Creative Moms



Read about the Meme.

Dwell as near as possible to the channel in which your life flows.
Thoreau, Henry David


I came across this quote today and thought it was a perfect musing. To me, it means to bring things that support your core self as close as possible to your daily living. To surround yourself with things and people who feed your inner spark. What does this quote mean to you? What do you keep close? Do you agree? Disagree?

Myself, I agree with the thought. There is nothing that makes me happier than sitting down with my daughter and scribbling with crayons. Or hearing her laugh when we read a story together. If I couldn't have those times, those experiences I would be an empty shell of myself.

What are you musing over this week? What is inspiring your creativity? If you blog about it, share your link below so we can all experience your viewpoints.




Like this post? Subscribe and never miss a spark!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

And I get made fun of when I sit down and color with the kids.

Petula said...

I think I must do a better job of surrounding myself with things/people that spark that flow and feel me. I get great pleasure from my youngest daughter's laugh and love, but I am most content when alone.

Anonymous said...

Another great inspiring quote!

Artsnark said...

Wonderful quote & very true. My muse this Monday is E.A Poe.It is his 200th birthday today, so I'm playing with a couple of Poe inspired pieces.

kiddlebug said...

Thanks for the quote. I needed a little inspiration! By the way, I am tagging you. :)
http://kiddlebug.blogspot.com/2009/01/ive-been-tagged.html