Today's creative mom, Victoria, is an accomplished PR and Marketing professional who has built her consultancy through a lot of hard work.While she uses creative problem solving everyday for her clients, she channels a different kind of energy at home with her two little boys, ages 3 and 5.
She writes:
My boys, being typical little boys, love superheroes. Over the summer they started asking for a superhero mural or giant superhero pictures for their rooms.
I looked around and found that the few that were available were very, very expensive. So I thought about it and decided that I might try my hand at painting some superhero portraits myself. I figured, how hard could it be? Well, it was somewhat harder than I thought, but they turned out great and my kids were beside themselves with excitement. First that we now had our own “hall of justice” in the hallway between their rooms, and second, that their mommy had made them.
I’ve since painted rocking chairs, other kids art and small tables. I’ve sold some – the ones that do not contain copyrighted images – and kept some for the boys’ rooms.
I have completed: Superman, Batman, the Flash and the Green Lantern. I’m currently working on Wonder Woman and the Martian Manhunter.
I’m certainly not going to give up my day job, but I’ve had so much fun painting and making it a project with my children. I’m hoping that this will instill in them a love of art, creating and just giving something a try.
Huge thanks to Victoria for writing me about her creative spark. Celebrating moms like her who channel their creativity for their kids as well as themselves is what this site is all about!
Like this post? Subscribe and never miss a spark!








4 comments:
What a creative and fun mom! A hall of justice. Ain't it grand to be a kid of a creative mom?
Wished I had her these skills last week for birthday boy's Super Hero/Villain Birthday Party! That would have been the ULTIMATE! A Hall of Justice in our house! Cool idea and great talent!
Victoria is a rock star, she is so good at having a work/life balance and having a blast with her children.
Nice work Victoria. Dick is also impressed.
Yolanda
Post a Comment