Feb 2, 2009

Monday's Muse - the blog meme for Creative Moms



Read about the Meme

Restless.

Energy zips past my eyes, flows through my mind and finds itself trapped there. It feels cramped and twisted. It wants out. It wants to bring the things it encounters, the things it sees outward so that there is room again to rest.

This energy is not happy to loll and roll and meander. It wiggles out, down, down to the fingertips which tap and dance on the keyboard in front of them. They twist yarns around needles and whisk colors across papers and constantly move, move, move.

And when they are happy those fingers rest. And there is room once more in the mind and there is space to spread out and be comfortable and the energy will be still, if only for a little while.


I don't really know what to call this - just a little snippet that happened as I was thinking about what to write for today's post. I was thinking about my creativity and what it is and how I thought it might work from within me. I sat down to write for Monday's Muse and this little set of words just popped out.

What do you think about your creativity? How does it feel. What does it do?
Think about what your creativity would be like as a person. What attributes does that person have?

If you've written about creativity or maybe written a piece answering these questions please leave your link below so we can see what you've been up to.



Like this post? Subscribe and never miss a spark!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I"m feeling a very unfocused sort of energy today myself. I can't seem to concentrate or sit still. Not sure what is going on.

Anonymous said...

I wrote about inspiration journals over at typeamom and thought I'd share that post here.

I had an odd, creative day yesterday. I wanted to make things but nothing was really working out.

Anonymous said...

Great; now everyone will know that I'm whack-o.

Shangrila said...

You've captured exactly how it feels to me when I've gone too long without making something. Uncomfortable, twisted, agitated. I love how creating something helps me work out other things in my head, so that in the end, everything feels "right", all the wrinkles worked out by my sub-conscious. Very nice, and thanks so much for linking me-I was running errands today thinking, "I need to get home to my laptop and sign in to Monday's Muse!" ;)

Petula said...

I like what "popped" out of your mind. :)

Artsnark said...

Lately my creativity is clanging on the bars screeching "Let Me OUT! It's getting crowded in here!!"