Feb 4, 2009

Throwing it out here - what do you think?

I've been toying with the idea of accepting fiction submissions here at Maternal Spark. I'm thinking about flash fiction pieces which are no more than 500 words. I love the short format of flash fiction and it can be really creative and even busy Creative Moms can manage to complete a piece.

I would like to read pieces written by moms - not necessarily about motherhood although I'd consider those as well.

So, what do you think? Would you read them? Look forward to them? Submit them? Let me know eh?





Like this post? Subscribe and never miss a spark!

4 comments:

Imcombobulated said...

I think it's a great idea. I'd both read and submit.

Anonymous said...

Well I wouldn't be submitting. I am far too afraid of rejection of any sort :)
However, I would love to read. And of course, this means some of yours as well?

Petula said...

It would be interesting to check out. You have such wonderful ideas!

Heather said...

Thanks Kidlets!

Mannequin - there's nothing to be scared of! You're a great writer (if your blog is any indication) and rejections are nothing to be ashamed of...they are a part of life for those who submit. Pretty much like: if you walk in the rain...you get wet! Besides, I bet *I* wouldn't reject you!

Petula - Aww thanks! And Thanks for your input!