Aug 3, 2008

Creative blocks - what to do?

I'm in a predicament right now where I'm trying to think of something and it just isn't flowing.
You see, I'm planning to start up another blog, in addition to Maternal Spark. It will be separate, but related, sort of.

My problem is I can't think up a name for it!

The blog will be about how small, home based and indie businesses can use blogs and social networking to gain a presence on the web and grow their businesses. Now, I don't pretend to be an expert on the subject but I've learned a great deal on blogging over the past while as Maternal Spark launched and I feel like I have some knowledge to share. I also plan to have a panel of people in the know for Q&A purposes (if you are interested in this, email me).

Here's what I'm doing to over come my problem. I hit Thesaurus.com and started searching words that I feel are related. Now I'm making a list of those words and seeing how they might fit together.

Initially I thought about calling it 'Maternal Mentor' but realized I'd like to be read by people who aren't necessarily moms too....not sure if that would matter - opinions? Then I thought using the word 'Spark' would be nice too but can't seem to fit it in.

Anyway here are a few words that I like - if you guys get any bright ideas, reply in comments. I could use some help!

Domestic
Spark
Domicile
Abode
Familial
Dwelling
Mentor
Resourceful
Endeavor

If you suggest a name and I use it, I'll transfer $25 from my paypal account to yours :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want to tie the two blogs together, perhaps something like Indie Spark? Sort of maintaining a brandname?

Anonymous said...

what about something like
"Spark Your Blog" or
"Spark Your Business"
since the word "Spark" is often associated with the "start" of something.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I was all set to give my my brilliant idea only to find that someone else already did. How did they read my mind?

I was going to say Indie Spark or Independent Spark.
I'll keep thinking.

I need $25 :)

Anonymous said...

Spark Plug

no, I couldn't resist

Anonymous said...

I'm terrible at names but how about

Spark Counsel

Savvy Spark

Charles Gramlich said...

Indie-Biz Spark

Jen said...

Incorporated Spark?

Spark Network?

From Spark to Flame?

Heather said...

Aphrodite - I like the way that sounds but I don't know about the word 'indie' I have this feeling it might be too trendy for me?

Kelly - yes, I do like the word spark and hope I can use it somehow!

Kim - who doesn't?

Kim - there is a very popular small biz site in existence called Spark Plugging so unfortunately that one's out.

Lori - I do like Saavy Spark...hmmmm

Charles - there's that indie word again ;)

Jen - Spark network is interesting......

Keep em coming guys - it's helping me think!

Anonymous said...

Homespun Inc?

Anonymous said...

You want to write about how small home based businesses can grow, another word for "to grow" is...

FLOURISH. It's full definition is 'to grow or develop with vigor; to thrive'.

Yes?

table4five AT gmail DOT com

Shannon said...

Here are mine, keep in tired I should be napping!

-Domestic Spark
-Small Business, Big Sparks!
-Biz Sparks
-Spark your Biz

IDK, just trying to help, and $25 sounds great!

Anonymous said...

Seller's Spark

Biz Spark

Word of Spark
(a play on "word of mouth" since that's how a lot of small businesses get going)

Homespun Spark
(nice visual of a business/idea spark growing from the center of a busy home)

Homespun Success



katie@woollymom.com

Shannon said...

I swear I posted these already but oh well:

Spark Inc.
Spark your Biz
Small Business, Big Sparks

What about something like:

Business Spark- Where small business mean big sparks

Kinda like your Maternal Spark tagline?

HTH!

Channah said...

How about Creative Spark?

NetSpark?

HotSpark?