Aug 26, 2008

Mercantile Spark, Daycare and Writing - Oh My!

Thought I'd do a little update type post today.

Mercantile Spark

The new blog is coming along very nicely! The design is looking great - I bit the bullet and paid a designer for this one as I am not familiar with Word Press as of yet and don't really have loads of time to figure it all out on my own. It's a nice, calm color pallet and the layout will work really well with the format I have in mind. So far, so good.

Daycare for Little H

As you know we found ourselves suddenly without a daycare provider last month. We've been scooting by on the skin of our teeth until now, having flown out one Grandparent and used a few holiday days. Good news is we found a new sitter! She has a little boy who is the perfect age to be a great playmate for Little H. I'm feeling really good about the new situation. She starts her first full day on Thursday so wish us luck.

Writing

I finished my piece for Chicken Soup for the Power Moms Soul. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I wish I had loads more time to devote to tweaking and polishing and pouring over every detail. On the other hand, I don't have that time. The result is something that was produced in a very simple manner. I sat down and wrote the first half. Then, I wrote the second half in my next sitting. A few edits later and it is what it is. I hope they like it enough to put me on the shortlist but who knows. At this point in my life and with all that has been going on I'm proud that I even managed to write it. Even if it never gets published it will still remind me of this time where I'm clinging to my passions with all I have left. I hope you are doing the same.

Like this post? Subscribe and never miss a spark!

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Sounds like you are making progress on all fronts. Good work.

Petula said...

Good luck with Chicken Soup. I am with you: Even if it isn't chosen it is such an accomplishment to get it finished. Your writing can only get better and the more you produce the better chance of getting it published. Writers rock!

Anonymous said...

I wasn't aware that you could simply submit to chicken soup. Good luck to you. Getting published is a wonderful thing.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear the daycare issue might finally have a great solution!

I can't wait to see the new site and good luck with the Chicken Soup writing.