Dec 29, 2008

Monday's Muse - the Meme for Creative Moms





Read about the Meme.

This is a picture of my Little H when she was about six months old (over a year ago, OMG!) Yes, she inspires my creativity and she is stinking cute but I'd like you to focus on the knit bunny in the middle. My cousin made him - Little H has named him 'bun bun' and he is her one and only special toy. The one she takes to bed with her and the one she takes to daycare. She's hardly left her crib without him pressed up against her cheek lately.

It's bun bun that has me inspired to learn to knit. He just has this subtle charm about him and I love that he's made of nothing but wool and some stuffing. I'm a long way from creating a friend for Little H with the few dishcloths I'm attempting this week but I hope to get there eventually.

Do you have any handmade items in your home that inspire you? What's inspiring you this week? Leave your link below to share.




Like this post? Subscribe and never miss a spark!

4 comments:

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

What an adorable picture! Your baby is so cute, and her bun bun is cute, too. :)

I was inspired to try knitting, but it didn't hold my attention. Maybe I should try again.

Artsnark said...

Lovely picture!
I never took to knitting but I am inspired daily by the creations and photos of my grandmother & great aunt I have tucked around the house. Their parents died when they were children & they raised themselves (nearly 100 yrs ago) with no money & just a tiny cabin in the NH woods. When the material world gets too tough, I take a deep breath & "chat" with them to get my priorities back in line.

My Monday Muse today is a bit whacked - I blogged before reading your questions...

Charles Gramlich said...

It's been a year and a half since you had your baby. It seems like it's only been a few months. Thats a major cute picture.

Anonymous said...

The knit bunny is very cute, it's the kind of crafting I wish I knew how to do. But oh my gosh, your daughter is just completely adorable!