Read about the Meme
"There is no use trying, said Alice; one can't believe impossible things." "I dare say you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."Lewis Carroll
This quote, from Alice in Wonderland of course, can say a great deal about creativity can it not? Believing impossible things is the very basis of creating. Because, without believing, how can one possibly set about to dream something up?
Have you written about something crafty, creative or muse-ful? Add your link below!
Like this post? Subscribe and never miss a spark!
![Reblog this post [with Zemanta]](http://img.zemanta.com/reblog_e.png?x-id=186f3b2b-db91-40c8-a80b-31bd6bb42ddc)








5 comments:
What a brilliant quote from Mr. Carroll, the Queen and yourself.
Without Monday Muse, I would not think until Tuesday possibly.
I'm realizing the importance of providing, if not the muse, at least the materials for others to be inspired.
While following my own creative impulses can be satisfying, inspiring others can have a larger impact. Creativity as virus, if you will
Believe impossible things. Hmmm... I would say that we should spend time doing that and it would definitely lead to the creation of things that wouldn't ordinarily happen.
I don't think I have ever paid attention to that line in the movie. Very interesting.
Hi, I love the Alice quote. It's along the same lines as what I said in my muse... Even the breakfast talk! But of course, Lewis Carroll says it so much better! I'm cool with that!
Hi Heather! I hope it's okay that I linked up a foodie article this week. It's amazing, and food is a creative outlet, right? :)
If it's not okay, you have my permission to delete it. I won't feel bad.
Post a Comment