Todays featured mom is Leigh from Little Pink Posies. Her fun jewelry line for little girls makes me want to be 6 years old all over again. Her current product line has been in the works for about a year but it's obvious this mind has been dreaming for many more years than that. H: What do you like to create?
L: I love creating accessories. Especially accessories for little girls, who love having their own jewelry made just for them. I want to make accessories they love so much that they remember them into adulthood!
I love both painting and stitching, and I am so excited to have developed a product line that allows me to do both! One of my favorite items is my posy girl pendant, little handpainted wooden doll pendants. Each little doll is personalized (the buyer chooses her hair color and an initial for her to wear on her little heart locket), so each pendant is one-of-a-kind and unique to the girl who wears her. The dolls were a result of a long brainstorm. I wanted to make truly unique accessories – something I had never seen before. I had seen and become captivated by photos of vintage and vintage-inspired peg and clothespin dolls on the Web. One day I was watching my son play with a vintage wood Fisher Price Little People set (something passed down from his daddy), and I had that “A HA!” moment. I started painting little vintage-inspired dolls, and it wasn’t long before the posy girl pendant was born.
My love of stitching led me to create my line of wool felt posies, which I turn into hair clips and other accessories. These are truly so much fun to create! I love creating new color combinations and patterns… the list I have in my mind for new combinations is much longer than time allows me to create!
H: Were you creative before you had children?
L: Absolutely! I grew up with a fantastically creative mom, and I was always learning by watching her. I remember crocheting, needlepointing, and doing lots of drawing as a child. 
H: Have your methods changed?
L: I am always tweaking my designs in an effort to make them the best they can be. Although the look of my accessories has evolved over the past year, my methods have mostly stayed the same.
H: How do you find time to stay creative?
L: Sleep deprivation and caffeine consumption. LOL! It is a daily struggle to find time to create, but I am lucky that my kids are relatively good sleepers. Most of my creating is done after they go to bed. If can get them engrossed in playing with Play Doh or another constructive activity, I usually take advantage of that time to do some creating as well.
H: Do your kids show any creative spirit?
L: My son loves to build. He can construct the most elaborate robots and structures out of his blocks! My daughter is 18 months and it’s still a bit too early to tell. If knocking down her brother’s elaborate creations is a sign of creativity, I’m going to have one creative little girl! She does love music and adores dancing, so there is definitely promise there!
H: What have you learned after having your kids (in relation to your art)
L: That kids have their own preferences and opinions about art and creating, even at a very young age. That’s why I strive to create truly unique accessories – to celebrate their opinions and individual personalities.
H: What do you feel makes you successful and are you finding success?
L: At this early stage of my business, each and every sale is a monumental success. Success for me also comes with the feedback I get from my customers. Nothing makes me happier than hearing that there is a little girl who doesn’t want to take her posy girl necklace off. If personal satisfaction is a measure of success, then I am already very successful.
Like this post? Subscribe and never miss a spark!








1 comment:
Those are pretty cool.
Post a Comment