Oct 6, 2008

Monday's Muse - the Meme for Creative Moms



Read about the Meme.

I like to believe that I'm not a very materialistic person. I don't want for much. In fact, for my birthday (in August) I got some cash and it's still in my wallet because there isn't anything calling to me right now.

On the other hand, 'things' can be very inspiring. You've read about my antique typewriter and there is something wonderful about a beautiful blank notebook full of pages waiting to be filled. Realizing the beauty in objects has great value towards creative endeavors. Today, I challenge you to look at some everyday things and see their special beauty. Look at the design of your pen. The way light bounces off the kitchen window. Find something that you don't normally pay attention to and see how it makes you feel when it is in your hands. What can it inspire?




Like this post? Subscribe and never miss a spark!

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

A good challenge. I do like nice pens, ones especially that feel good in the hand. And notebooks. Yes.

Nell Escalante said...

I have been thinking a lot about this post and was wondering why I just couldn't think of anything to comment about and then it hit me last night, lying in my bed. I have one, maybe two (we are still evaluating)autistic children who love mundane objects i.e tape measures, keys, strings, etc. So it is hard for me to see the beauty in mundane objects when my kids are obsessed with them. But your post made me see things differently. Maybe I am missing something that my kids are trying to show me. Maybe they see something beautiful us "typical" people can't. I think I'll elaborate more on this on my blog, thanks for the realization!!!